Last year a friend of mine gave me a recording of Earl Nightingale’s “The Strangest Secret”. I listened to it again this morning and it’s inspired me to take Earl’s 30 day challenge. Maybe you’d like to join me. Start by listening to the recording on YouTube by clicking here. Once you’ve listened to it, follow the steps below to get what you want.
1. Write one goal on a piece of card and look at it throughout the day. On one side write your goal and on the other side write “Ask and it is given, seek and you will find, knock and it shall be opened.”
2. Save 10% of everything you receive.
3. Tithe 10% of everything you receive.
4. Only think positive thoughts. Avoid complaining and putting yourself down.
5. Give whatever you’re doing 100% and more.
6. Give to others. Be of service.
7. If you find yourself in a negative mindset, start the 30 days again.
8. Keep your vibration high by dancing, singing, meditating and doing things you love and make you feel good.
9. Let go of attachment to the outcome. Let go of the need to know how it will happen. Trust in a power greater than yourself.
10. Be grateful for all the wonderful things you already have.
11. Join our Facebook group “How to Get What You Want – 30 day challenge” to share experiences and give and receive support.
In the last year or so I have become extremely good at getting what I want. People keep asking me how I do it, so I’m planning to write a series of articles about the techniques I use, to teach you how to get what you want.
I believe these techniques work for two reasons. The first is the law of attraction. My understanding of the law of attraction is that like attracts like, what you focus on is what you get and Thoughts Become Things. This concept was made popular by Abraham Hicks, as well as books and films such as The Secret and What the bleep do we know?. The idea is that our words and thoughts send out vibrations to the universe and the universe responds with the same vibration. The second reason is that what we focus on has an impact on our subconscious mind. When we set an intention that we want something our unconsciously we start seeking ways to achieve that intention. When we set goals and focus on them, our subconscious mind is reminded about those goals. Some would say that the universe brings us creative ideas about how to achieve our goals and intentions.
Many people say that the law of attraction doesn’t work. The law of attraction is always working and we always receive whatever it is that we’re focusing on. The Secret did a great job of taking the law of attraction into the mainstream and bringing it to people’s attention, although in my humble opinion it only skimmed the surface. People are practicing the techniques in The Secret, such as affirmations and visualisation for maybe ten minutes in the morning and then spending the rest of the day worrying and complaining. Worrying and complaining are negative forms of affirmations and focusing on all the negative things in your life will bring more of the same.
As many of you know we experienced a big energy shift in December 2012 and as a result of the new energies coming in, we are manifesting very quickly. This means that it’s imperative that we are aware of what we’re focusing on as we can either manifest good things or bad things in our lives. On a positive note, this means that we can dream big and manifest great things with this energy.
My intention is that through this series of articles you can learn simple tools and techniques to help you focus on what you DO want and attract more of that into your life. So please become a follower of my blog to keep up to date with my latest articles and so that you too can learn how to get what you want.