Affirmations are a great way to get what you want. They’re also a great way to overcome negativity. I used to use them successfully all the time but for some reason I stopped using them as much.
Affirmations are statements or mantras that can be repeated to reinforce positive beliefs and help to make beneficial changes.
I first discovered affirmations when I read Louise Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life around 22 years ago. I wanted a new job and more money, so I started saying something like “I have a brilliant new job with a great salary and it comes to me quickly, easily and effortlessly”. Within a week I had a new job and I’d doubled my salary.
Here a few tips, based on my experience:
- Start your affirmations with “I AM”. I AM is a powerful message that is going in to your unconscious mind and out to the Universe. On a side note, keep an eye on when you think or say, “I AM” and if it’s not in a positive context, ask the angels or whatever higher power you believe in to cancel any adverse effects and replace it with something more positive.
- Always use your affirmations in the present tense; as if you’ve already achieved your goal. For example, instead of saying “I will get a great new job”, say “I have a great new job”. If you say “I will” your subconscious mind will always understand it to be in the future.
- To make your affirmations more powerful look in the mirror, look into your eyes and say them out loud to yourself.
- Another way to make your affirmations more powerful is to say them or focus on them when you’re out in nature or by the sea.
- You can sing your affirmations or put them to music, which also makes them more powerful.*
- I find it good to do affirmations when I first wake up in the morning. I sometimes feel anxious when I first wake up and I find morning affirmations provide a great way to combat that.*
What’s your experience of affirmations? Do they work for you? Tell us in the comments below.
I hope you enjoy my blog posts and if you find them helpful, then that’s even better. If you would like to subscribe to receive an email when I publish a new post click here. Also, if you do enjoy reading my blog posts and feel guided to do so, please share them with others and or make a donation by clicking here.
*Musical and morning affirmations will be covered in a later post.